Troubled Texan Boy? Therapeutic boarding schools can be a great solution for parents of struggling boys, helping them rise above their struggles and turn their lives around.
New Hope Boys Home will provide the means to help turn their life around. If untreated, boys that are exhibiting destructive behavior can ruin their future. A therapeutic boarding school like New Hope Boys Home can show your son a new way to live. We’re only a short distance away from Houston, Texas.
New Hope Boys Home is a therapeutic boarding school locateed a short distance from in Houston, Texas. We offer counseling, top academics and a caring staff trained to help troubled boys. Separating these at-risk teens from their old environments is a vital first step in changing how they live. Coming here, they will be taken from poor peer groups and taken to a supervised, structured environment created especially to foster their healing.
If you are the parent of a struggling young man in Houston, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help your child.
Why New Hope Boys Home?
New Hope Boys Home is not located right in Houston, Texas, but we are nearby. We provide comprehensive therapy in a safe, closed environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with common teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lifelong transformation in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly based in biblical principles, our aim is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a therapeutic boarding school for troubled boys
New Hope Boys Home is a therapeutic boarding school just for troubled boys. No girls are enrolled here. Single-gender schools are highly effective with high school aged students. Jealousy, lack of focus, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment enables only on what is at hand and, most crucially, allows these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This creates a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to ensure that we are successful in changing these troubled boys:
- Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home shows love and honest caring for the students enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in personal counseling as well as group counseling. Students will be helped individually, in order to focus on their individual difficulties and overcome them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to ensure that we can return your son home as a new person, willing and able to rebuild a relationship with his family on a strong new foundation.
- Education. Self-destructive boys frequently learn at different rates than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and allows them to re-build their interest and drive. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By providing strong role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and take positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after treatment. We know that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, away from Houston, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to properly transform your teenager’s life. Place your faith in the countless success stories that have graduated our program.
Further information about struggling boys.
If a troubled boy is not provided with appropriate care, behaviors can grow from such behavioral, emotional, and mental illnesses that are exceedingly troubling. Therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys provide the care essential to prevent and minimize damage from such disorders.
- 1 in 5 teens are diagnosed with depression before adulthood.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for teens.
- 2% of teens will experience bipolar disorder.
- 28% of teens experience alcohol by age 14.
- 15% of teens smoke cigarettes by age 14.
- 16.5% of teens try marijuana by age 14.
What defines a successful therapeutic boarding school for boys?
Our therapeutic boarding school for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Houston, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and substance abuse, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like other therapeutic boarding schools in Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, tightly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not a therapeutic boarding school in Houston, Texas, our success rate is proof that our program works. If you would like to learn more about us, call us at (512) 521-3655. We are experts at working with troubled teens and can help your son recover and change.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Houston, Texas:
Houston is the largest city in the state of Texas, and the fourth-largest city in the United States. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 2.1 million people within an area of 579 square miles (1,500 km2). Houston is the seat of Harris County and the economic center of Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, which is the sixth-largest metropolitan area in the United States, with nearly 6 million people. Houston, known as the Bayou City, was founded in 1836 on land near the banks of Buffalo Bayou. It was incorporated as a city on June 5, 1837, and named after then-President of the Republic of Texas, former General Sam Houston.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Houston, Texas, used with permission.