Troubled Texan Boy? There is a therapeutic boarding school in Texas that can be a great solution for parents of troubled boys, helping them overcome their problems and turn their lives around.
New Hope Boys Home is a year-round ranch and school that will help your boy. If untreated, boys that are exhibiting troubled behavior can destroy their future. A therapeutic boarding school like New Hope Boys Home can teach your son a new way to think, behave and thrive in life. We’re only a short distance away from Amarillo, Texas.
New Hope Boys Home is a therapeutic boarding school located a short distance from in Amarillo, Texas. We offer counseling, top academics and a caring staff trained to help troubled boys. Separating these troubled teens from their old environments is a crucial first step in changing how they live. Coming here, they will be taken from poor peer groups and immersed in a supervised, controlled environment set up especially to foster their healing.
If you are the parent of a struggling young man in Amarillo, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help your child.
Why New Hope Boys Home?
New Hope Boys Home is not located right in Amarillo, Texas, but we are nearby. We offer extensive therapy in a healthy, environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses usual teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lifelong alteration in the residents who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly founded in biblical principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a therapeutic boarding school for troubled boys
New Hope Boys Home is a therapeutic boarding school just for troubled boys. No girls are enrolled here. Single-gender schools are particularly successful with high school aged students. Jealousy, lack of focus, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment encourages these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This creates a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to ascertain that we are effective in changing these troubled boys:
- Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home shows love and honest love for the boys enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given individual counseling in addition to group therapy. Students will be helped personally, in order to address their unique difficulties and overcome them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to ensure that we can bring your son home as a new person, willing and able to rebuild a relationship with his family on a strong new foundation.
- Education. Self-destructive boys often learn at varying speeds than other students. For this reason, we seek to provide an academic environment that interests our students and allows them to re-discover their focus and drive. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By offering influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and take positions of responsibility, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The aim of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We recognize that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, separated from Amarillo, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to effectively alter teenagers’ lives. Place your faith in the countless success stories that have come out of our program.
More information about struggling boys.
If a troubled boy is not given necessary care, behaviors can grow from such behavioral, emotional, and mental illnesses that are deeply troubling. Therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys have the therapy required to prevent and minimize damage from such disorders.
- 1 in 5 teens are diagnosed with depression before adulthood.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for teens.
- 2% of teens will develop bipolar disorder.
- 28% of teens experience alcohol by age 14.
- 15% of teens use cigarettes by age 14.
- 16.5% of teens try marijuana by age 14.
What defines an effective therapeutic boarding school for boys?
Our therapeutic boarding school for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Amarillo, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like other therapeutic boarding schools in Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, tightly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not a therapeutic boarding school in Amarillo, Texas, our success rate is evidence that our program works. If you would like to discover more about us, call us at (830) 257-5714. We are experts at working with troubled teens and can help your son recover and change.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Amarillo, Texas:
Amarillo is the 14th-largest city, by population, in the state of Texas, the largest in the Texas Panhandle, and the seat of PotterÂ County. A portion of the city extends into Randall County. The population was 190,695 at the 2010 census. The Amarillo metropolitan area has an estimated population of 236,113 in four counties. Amarillo, originally named Oneida, is situated in the Llano Estacado region. The availability of the railroad and freight service provided by the Fort Worth and Denver City Railroad contributed to the city’s growth as a cattle marketing center in the late 19th century.Handbook of Texas.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Amarillo, Texas, used with permission.