Boys ranches near Weslaco, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their problems and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It distances these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor influences and immersed in a supervised, structured environment designed precisely to encourage their transformation.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Weslaco, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Weslaco, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Weslaco, Texas. We’re a safe, controlled environment, where students are guided by our knowledgeable and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on usual teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lifelong transformation in the students who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our hope is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, disruption, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment enables these boys to feel secure and protected, not having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine love for the boys enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in personal counseling in addition to group counseling. Students will be worked with individually, in order to focus on their individual difficulties and overcome them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to guarantee that we can bring your son home as a new person, ready and able to form a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys frequently learn at varying speeds than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic setting that motivates our students and allows them to rediscover their curiosity and drive. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By employing strong role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and fill positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after treatment. We know that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, separated from Weslaco, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to successfully alter teenagers’ lives.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Weslaco, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Weslaco, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, strictly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
Weslaco is a city in Hidalgo County, Texas, United States. The population was 35,670 at the 2010 census. Weslaco derives its name from the W.E. Stewart Land Company. It was the hometown of Harlon Block, one of the Marines photographed raising the flag at Iwo Jima.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Weslaco, Texas, used with permission.