Boys ranches near Waco, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their problems and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It removes these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from unhealthy peer groups and taken to a supervised, structured environment set up precisely to foster their recovery.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Waco, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Waco, Texas; we offer effective therapy to boys from Waco, Texas. We’re a secure, supervised environment, where students are watched over by our gifted and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses usual teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lifelong transformation in the residents who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, we work to create a lifelong transformation in boys who have gotten off track.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very successful with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment encourages these boys to feel safe and protected, rather than having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This develops a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine love for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive one-on-one counseling as well as group sessions. Students will be worked with personally, in order to focus on their individual issues and surpass them. A final and crucial element to this therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to ensure that we can bring your son home as a different person, willing and able to form a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys typically learn at varying paces than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic environment that engages our students and helps them to re-discover their focus and sense of purpose. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and take positions of obligation, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The aim of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We know that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, distanced from Waco, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to effectively transform your teenager’s life.
What Marks a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Waco, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Waco, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, tightly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Waco, Texas:
Waco is a city in and the county seat of McLennan County, Texas. It is situated along the Brazos River and on the I-35 corridor, halfway between Dallas and Austin. The city had a 2010 population of 124,805, an increase of almost 10 percent since the 2000 census. The Waco Metropolitan Statistical Area consists of just McLennan County, which had a 2010 population of 234,906.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Waco, Texas, used with permission.