Boys ranches near Uvalde, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their problems and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It separates these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from poor influences and immersed in a supervised, protected environment designed specifically to aid with their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Uvalde, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Uvalde, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from Uvalde, Texas. We’re a safe, closed environment, where students are supervised by our gifted and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with typical teen problems like risky or self-destructive activities, conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lifelong alteration in the students who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our goal is to create a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment enables these boys to feel secure and protected, not having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home shows love and sincere caring for the students enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given individual counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be helped individually, in order to focus on their unique problems and surpass them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to ensure that we can bring your son home as a changed person, ready and able to forge a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys often learn at different paces than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic setting that engages our students and allows them to re-discover their interest and motivation. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By offering influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and fill positions of duty, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not typically an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after graduation. We understand that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, distanced from Uvalde, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to properly alter teenagers’ lives.
What Marks a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Uvalde, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Uvalde, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, tightly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Uvalde, Texas:
Uvalde is a city in and the county seat of Uvalde County, Texas, United States.GR The population was 14,929 at the 2000 census. Uvalde was founded by Reading Wood Black in 1853 as the town of Encina. In 1856, when the county was organized, the town was renamed Uvalde for Spanish governor Juan de Ugalde and was chosen as county seat. It is usually considered the southern limit of the Texas Hill Country or the most northerly part of South Texas. The town has the only known bottler of cactus juice. Uvalde was the home of John Nance “Cactus Jack” Garner, former Speaker of the House and Vice President of the United States. Actor Matthew McConaughey, actress Dale Evans, activist Katherine Gabrielle and former Governor of Texas Dolph Briscoe , were born in Uvalde. The city is also home to the Grammy Award winning Tejano/Norteo group Los Palominos.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Uvalde, Texas, used with permission.