Boys ranches near Tyler, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their issues and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It distances these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from poor peer groups and taken to a supervised, controlled environment created especially to aid with their transformation.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Tyler, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Tyler, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from Tyler, Texas. We’re a safe, controlled environment, where students are guided by our knowledgeable and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on typical teen problems like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lasting alteration in the boys who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our goal is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very successful with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools allow environments that allow for dating and the distractions that come from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows these boys to feel secure and protected, rather than having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This creates a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home offers love and genuine love for the boys enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive personal counseling in addition to group counseling. Students will be worked with individually, in order to address their specific issues and fix them. A final and crucial element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to guarantee that we can bring your son home as a new person, willing and able to form a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys frequently learn at different speeds than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and allows them to regain their focus and sense of purpose. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By providing positive role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after graduation. We recognize that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, away from Tyler, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to properly transform your teenager’s life.
What Defines an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Tyler, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Tyler, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, strictly structured environment to enable troubled boys to experience a transformation and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Tyler, Texas:
Tyler is a city in and the county seat of Smith County, Texas, in the United States. It takes its name from President John Tyler. The city had a population of 96,900 in 2010, according to the United States Census Bureau. Tyler is the principal city of the Tyler Metropolitan Statistical Area, with a population of 209,714 in 2010, and the regional center of the Tyler-Jacksonville combined statistical area, with a population of 260,559 in 2010.
Tyler has the nickname “Rose Capital of the Nation”. It gained this name due to the large quantity of rose bushes processed through the area, along with hosting America’s largest rose garden.
In 1985, the international Adopt-a-Highway movement originated in Tyler when, after appeals by local Texas Department of Transportation officials, the local Civitan chapter adopted a 2-mile (3-km) stretch of U.S. Highway 69. Tyler is also home to the Caldwell Zoo and Broadway Square Mall.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Tyler, Texas, used with permission.