Boys ranches near The Colony, Texas can provide a temporary fix for struggling boys, but a long-term solution is usually better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their issues and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from negative peer groups and immersed in a supervised, structured environment set up especially to aid with their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in The Colony, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in The Colony, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from The Colony, Texas. We’re a healthy, closed environment, where students are supervised by our experienced and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on common teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities,conduct and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to provide an enduring change in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our goal is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment encourages these boys to feel safe and protected, rather than having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home shows love and honest love for the teenagers enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive individual counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be helped personally, in order to deal with their unique difficulties and fix them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to ensure that we can return your son home as a new person, ready and able to build a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys typically learn at varying speeds than other students. Therefore, we attempt to provide an academic environment that interests our students and allows them to regain their curiosity and sense of purpose. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By employing strong role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We know that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, distanced from The Colony, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to properly transform a boy’s outlook on life.
What Marks a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from The Colony, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in The Colony, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, strictly structured environment to help troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in The Colony, Texas:
The Colony is a city in Denton County, Texas, United States, and a suburb of Dallas. The population was 26,531 at the 2000 census. The current population is estimated at just over 40,000 residents.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in The Colony, Texas, used with permission.