Boys ranches near Sherman, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It separates these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from negative influences and taken to a supervised, protected environment set up precisely to aid with their healing.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Sherman, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Sherman, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from Sherman, Texas. We’re a safe, supervised environment, where students are watched over by our gifted and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with common teen problems like risky or self-destructive activities,behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide an enduring change in the boys who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our goal is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment enables only on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home shows love and honest caring for the teenagers enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in personal counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be helped personally, in order to focus on their specific issues and overcome them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to make certain that we can send your son home as a new person, ready and able to build a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys typically learn at different speeds than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic environment that engages our students and encourages them to re-discover their interest and drive. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing strong role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and take positions of responsibility, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We know that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, distanced from Sherman, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully alter teenagers’ lives.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Sherman, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Sherman, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, strictly structured environment to allow troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Sherman, Texas:
Sherman is a city in and the county seat of Grayson County, Texas, United States.GR The city’s estimated population as of 2009 was 38,407. It is also one of two principal cities in the Sherman-Denison Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Sherman, Texas, used with permission.