Boys ranches near San Marcos, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their issues and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It separates these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from negative peer groups and taken to a supervised, structured environment designed especially to encourage their recovery.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in San Marcos, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in San Marcos, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from San Marcos, Texas. We’re a safe, environment, where students are supervised by our experienced and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on usual teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities,conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lifelong transformation in the boys who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment enables these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This creates a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home offers love and honest caring for the students enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in individual counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be worked with individually, in order to address their unique problems and overcome them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to guarantee that we can send your son home as a new person, willing and able to build a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys frequently learn at varying speeds than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic environment that interests our students and helps them to re-build their curiosity and sense of purpose. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By offering influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and fill positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We recognize that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, away from San Marcos, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from San Marcos, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in San Marcos, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to help troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in San Marcos, Texas:
San Marcos is a city in the U.S. state of Texas, and is the seat of Hays County. Located within the Nowrap metropolitan area, the city is located on the Interstate 35 corridor—between Austin and San Antonio.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in San Marcos, Texas, used with permission.