Boys ranches near San Juan, Texas can provide a temporary fix for struggling boys, but a long-term solution is usually better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their problems and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It removes these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy influences and taken to a supervised, controlled environment set up specifically to foster their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in San Juan, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in San Juan, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from San Juan, Texas. We’re a healthy, closed environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with usual teen struggles like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide an enduring change in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to create a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools allow environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that arise from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment enables only on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This leads to a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home offers love and genuine caring for the teenagers enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive one-on-one counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be treated individually, in order to address their specific problems and overcome them. A final and necessary element to this therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to ensure that we can return your son home as a changed person, ready and able to form a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys often learn at different paces than other students. Therefore, we attempt to provide an academic setting that engages our students and encourages them to regain their interest and sense of purpose. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By employing influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and take positions of obligation, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not always a smooth one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after this program. We recognize that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, away from San Juan, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to effectively transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from San Juan, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in San Juan, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in San Juan, Texas:
San Juan is a city in Hidalgo County, Texas, United States. The population in July 2008 was 33,970 since then the population of San Juan increased since 2000 by +29.5%. The name reflects that of a founding father. It is part of the McAllenEdinburgMission and ReynosaMcAllen metropolitan areas.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in San Juan, Texas, used with permission.