Boys ranches near San Benito, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their struggles and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It removes these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor peer groups and taken to a supervised, protected environment created precisely to foster their healing.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in San Benito, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in San Benito, Texas; we provide effective therapy to boys from San Benito, Texas. We’re a safe, closed environment, where students are watched over by our experienced and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses typical teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide for a lasting change in the students who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our aim is to create a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools create environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that arise from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment focus these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This develops a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home offers love and genuine caring for the boys enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given individual counseling in addition to group therapy. Students will be helped individually, in order to focus on their specific problems and surpass them. A final and vital element to this therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to make certain that we can send your son home as a new person, willing and able to build a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys typically learn at different rates than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and helps them to regain their focus and sense of purpose. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not typically an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after graduation. We understand that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, away from San Benito, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to properly transform your teenager’s life.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from San Benito, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in San Benito, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, tightly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
San Benito is a city in Cameron County, Texas, United States. The population was 24,250 at the 2010 census. It is the birthplace of Country and Tex-Mex music icon Freddy Fender. San Benito celebrated the 100th anniversary of the naming of the city April 3, 2007. The post office was named Diaz from April to May 1907. The San Benito Museum, Freddy Fender Museum and Conjunto Music Museum opened in the same building Nov. 17, 2007.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in San Benito, Texas, used with permission.