Boys ranches near Robstown, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their struggles and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from negative influences and taken to a supervised, controlled environment created specifically to foster their recovery.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Robstown, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Robstown, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from Robstown, Texas. We’re a secure, controlled environment, where students are watched over by our experienced and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses common teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic failings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lasting transformation in the residents who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that come from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment encourages these boys to feel safe and protected, rather than having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This develops a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine love for the students enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in personal counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be worked with individually, in order to focus on their unique difficulties and overcome them. A final and necessary element to this therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to guarantee that we can send your son home as a new person, ready and able to forge a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys frequently learn at different rates than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic setting that engages our students and allows them to regain their focus and motivation. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By providing positive role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and take positions of obligation, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after this program. We know that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, separated from Robstown, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to properly transform your teenager’s life.
What Makes a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Robstown, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Robstown, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Robstown, Texas:
Robstown is a city in Nueces County, Texas, United States, and a western suburb of Corpus Christi. It was founded about 1906, and was named for Robert Driscoll Jr., a landowner. The population was 12,727 at the 2000 census.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Robstown, Texas, used with permission.