Boys ranches near Rio Grande City, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their issues and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It separates these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from poor peer groups and immersed in a supervised, protected environment set up especially to aid with their healing.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Rio Grande City, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Rio Grande City, Texas; we offer effective therapy to boys from Rio Grande City, Texas. We’re a safe, controlled environment, where students are guided by our knowledgeable and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with usual teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lasting alteration in the students who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our goal is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the complications that come from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment encourages these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine love for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given personal counseling as well as group sessions. Students will be worked with individually, in order to deal with their specific problems and surpass them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can send your son home as a changed person, willing and able to build a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys often learn at different speeds than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic setting that interests our students and allows them to regain their interest and drive. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By offering positive role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after treatment. We know that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, distanced from Rio Grande City, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to properly alter teenagers’ lives.
What Makes a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Rio Grande City, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Rio Grande City, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, tightly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Rio Grande City, Texas:
Rio Grande City is a city in and the county seat of Starr County, Texas, United States.GR The population was 13,834 at the 2010 census. The city is 41 miles west of McAllen. It is the hometown of former Commander of U.S. Forces in Iraq, General Ricardo Sanchez. The city also holds the March record high for the United States at 108 degrees Fahrenheit. The city is connected to Camargo, Tamaulipas via the Rio Grande City-Camargo International Bridge.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Rio Grande City, Texas, used with permission.