Boys ranches near Red Oak, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their struggles and turn their life around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It removes these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy influences and taken to a supervised, controlled environment designed specifically to foster their transformation.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Red Oak, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Red Oak, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from Red Oak, Texas. We’re a safe, controlled environment, where students are guided by our experienced and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses common teen problems like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lifelong change in the boys who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our hope is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that follow such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment allows these boys to feel safe and protected, rather than having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This creates a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home shows love and sincere caring for the students enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in personal counseling in addition to group therapy. Students will be treated personally, in order to focus on their individual problems and overcome them. A final and crucial element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a new person, ready and able to rebuild a relationship with his family on a strong new foundation.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys typically learn at different speeds than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic environment that engages our students and allows them to re-build their interest and drive. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By offering positive role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We recognize that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, separated from Red Oak, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to effectively transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Red Oak, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Red Oak, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, strictly structured environment to allow troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Red Oak, Texas:
Red Oak is a city in Ellis County, Texas, United States. The population was 4,301 at the 2000 census. More recent estimates of the city’s population give it as 6,200.Fact The North Central Texas Council of Governments projects that number to grow to 63,329 by the year 2030, as it is on the verge of explosive suburban growth. Red Oak was also the exterior location for filming “True Stories”, a film by David Byrne of Talking Heads released in 1986.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Red Oak, Texas, used with permission.