Boys ranches near Porter, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their problems and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from unhealthy peer groups and taken to a supervised, structured environment designed specifically to encourage their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Porter, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Porter, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from Porter, Texas. We’re a healthy, closed environment, where students are watched over by our gifted and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with usual teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic failings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lifelong transformation in the students who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment boys to [work only on what is at hand and, most crucially, allows these boys to feel safe and protected, rather than having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine love for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in personal counseling as well as group counseling. Students will be worked with personally, in order to deal with their individual issues and fix them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to ensure that we can bring your son home as a changed person, willing and able to form a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys typically learn at varying paces than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic environment that interests our students and helps them to re-discover their interest and motivation. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By offering influential role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after treatment. We recognize that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, distanced from Porter, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to successfully transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Porter, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Porter, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, tightly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Porter, Texas:
Porter is an unincorporated area in Montgomery County, Texas within the HoustonSugar LandBaytown metropolitan area. In 2010, its population estimated 25,627. Schools in Porter are operated by the New Caney Independent School District.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Porter, Texas, used with permission.