Boys ranches near Odessa, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It distances these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor influences and taken to a supervised, structured environment designed specifically to aid with their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Odessa, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Odessa, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from Odessa, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are guided by our experienced and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with typical teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lasting transformation in the students who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, we work to create a lifelong transformation in boys who have gotten off track.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that come from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment enables these boys to feel secure and protected, rather than having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home shows love and genuine love for the students enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given one-on-one counseling in addition to group counseling. Students will be helped personally, in order to address their unique issues and fix them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a changed person, willing and able to build a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys often learn at varying speeds than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and helps them to regain their focus and motivation. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By employing strong role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and take positions of duty, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not always a smooth one. The aim of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We understand that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, separated from Odessa, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to effectively transform your teenager’s life.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Odessa, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Odessa, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to enable troubled boys to experience a transformation and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Odessa, Texas:
Odessa is a city in and the county seat of Ector County, Texas, United States. It is located primarily in Ector County, although a small portion of the city extends into Midland County. GR Odessa’s population was 99,940 at the 2010 census. It is the principal city of the Odessa, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area, which includes all of Ector County. The metropolitan area is also a component of the larger Midland–Odessa, Texas Combined Statistical Area, which had a population of 266,941 as of July 1, 2009. estimate.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Odessa, Texas, used with permission.