Boys ranches near Mission, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from poor influences and immersed in a supervised, controlled environment set up specifically to aid with their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Mission, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Mission, Texas; we provide effective therapy to boys from Mission, Texas. We’re a healthy, environment, where students are supervised by our experienced and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with usual teen problems like risky or self-destructive activities,conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lasting change in the residents who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our goal is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools build environments that allow for dating and the complications that arise from such things. Jealousy, disruption, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This leads to a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home offers love and genuine caring for the boys enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive individual counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be worked with personally, in order to focus on their specific problems and surpass them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a different person, ready and able to build a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys frequently learn at varying speeds than other students. Therefore, we attempt to provide an academic environment that interests our students and encourages them to regain their curiosity and motivation. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing positive role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and take positions of responsibility, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after treatment. We recognize that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, away from Mission, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully alter teenagers’ lives.
What Makes a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Mission, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Mission, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, tightly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Mission, Texas:
Mission is a city in Hidalgo County, Texas, United States. The population was 77,058 at the 2010 census Mission is part of the McAllenEdinburgMission and ReynosaMcAllen metropolitan areas.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Mission, Texas, used with permission.