Boys ranches near Mesquite, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of struggling boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their struggles and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It distances these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor peer groups and taken to a supervised, controlled environment set up specifically to encourage their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Mesquite, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Mesquite, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Mesquite, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are guided by our knowledgeable and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on usual teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lifelong change in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our aim is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, disruption, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment enables solely on what is at hand and, most importantly, encourages these boys to feel safe and protected, rather than having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This develops a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and honest caring for the teenagers enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive personal counseling in addition to group therapy. Students will be treated personally, in order to focus on their specific difficulties and surpass them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to ensure that we can bring your son home as a new person, willing and able to build a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys typically learn at different speeds than other students. For this reason, we seek to provide an academic environment that engages our students and helps them to re-discover their interest and motivation. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By employing positive role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and fill positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We know that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, away from Mesquite, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to effectively transform your teenager’s life.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Mesquite, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Mesquite, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, highly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Mesquite, Texas:
Mesquite is a city located within the Dallas/Ft.Worth area of Texas. As of the 2010 US Census, the population was 139,824.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Mesquite, Texas, used with permission.