Boys ranches near Mckinney, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their problems and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It separates these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy influences and immersed in a supervised, controlled environment set up precisely to encourage their transformation.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Mckinney, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Mckinney, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Mckinney, Texas. We’re a secure, closed environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses usual teen problems like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic failings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lasting transformation in the students who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, we work to create a lifelong transformation in boys who have gotten off track.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools create environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment focus these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This develops a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home offers love and genuine caring for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive one-on-one counseling as well as group sessions. Students will be helped personally, in order to deal with their specific problems and overcome them. A final and necessary element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can return your son home as a different person, willing and able to build a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys often learn at varying rates than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic environment that interests our students and encourages them to re-discover their interest and drive. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and take positions of duty, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not always a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We recognize that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, distanced from Mckinney, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to successfully transform your teenager’s life.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Mckinney, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Mckinney, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, tightly structured environment to allow troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Mckinney, Texas:
McKinney is a city in and the county seat of Collin County, Texas, United States, and the second in population to Plano. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city’s 2010 population was 131,117 The Census Bureau listed McKinney as the nation’s fastest growing city from 2000 to 2003 and again in 2006, among cities with more than 50,000 people. In 2007 it was ranked second-fastest growing among cities with more than 100,000 people and in 2008 as third-fastest. In July 2010, McKinney was ranked 5th place in CNN’s Money Magazine’s list of best places to live in the United States. Also, McKinney is the only City in Texas that made the top ten. McKinney is one of several fast-growing communities on the northeastern edge of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Both the city and county are named after Collin McKinney, a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence, and a congressman for the Red River district of the Republic of Texas.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Mckinney, Texas, used with permission.