Boys ranches near Mcallen, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It separates these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy peer groups and immersed in a supervised, protected environment set up especially to aid with their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Mcallen, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Mcallen, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from Mcallen, Texas. We’re a secure, closed environment, where students are watched over by our gifted and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses typical teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide an enduring transformation in the boys who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to create a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very successful with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools allow environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that follow such things. Jealousy, disruption, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment enables these boys to feel secure and protected, rather than having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and honest love for the boys enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given one-on-one counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be treated personally, in order to focus on their unique difficulties and surpass them. A final and vital element to this therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to guarantee that we can return your son home as a changed person, willing and able to forge a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys frequently learn at different speeds than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic environment that interests our students and allows them to re-build their curiosity and sense of purpose. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and take positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after treatment. We recognize that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, distanced from Mcallen, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to properly transform your teenager’s life.
What Defines an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Mcallen, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Mcallen, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, highly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Mcallen, Texas:
McAllen is the largest city in Hidalgo County, Texas, United States. It is located at the southern tip of Texas in an area known as the Rio Grande Valley and is part of the American Southwest. Its southern boundary is located about five miles from the U.S.Mexico border and the Mexican city of Reynosa, the Rio Grande, and about 70 miles west of South Padre Island and the Gulf of Mexico. The 2010 census put the city’s population at 129,877 and the McAllenEdinburgMission metropolitan area at 774,769. The ReynosaMcAllen Metropolitan Area counts with a population of nearly 1.7 million.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Mcallen, Texas, used with permission.