Boys ranches near Livingston, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their problems and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It distances these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from negative influences and immersed in a supervised, structured environment set up precisely to foster their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Livingston, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Livingston, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from Livingston, Texas. We’re a safe, controlled environment, where students are guided by our knowledgeable and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with typical teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities,conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to affect an enduring change in the residents who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools create environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, disruption, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment encourages only on what is at hand and, most crucially, allows these boys to feel secure and protected, rather than having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This develops a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine caring for the students enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given personal counseling in addition to group counseling. Students will be worked with personally, in order to focus on their individual difficulties and fix them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to guarantee that we can return your son home as a new person, willing and able to build a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys typically learn at varying paces than other students. Therefore, we attempt to provide an academic environment that engages our students and helps them to re-build their focus and drive. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By offering positive role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The aim of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after this program. We know that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, distanced from Livingston, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to properly transform your teenager’s life.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Livingston, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Livingston, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, strictly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Livingston, Texas:
Livingston is a town in Polk County, Texas, United States. The population was 5,433 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Polk CountyGR. Livingston was settled in 1835 as Springfield. Its name was changed to Livingston and became the county seat of Polk County in 1846.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Livingston, Texas, used with permission.