Boys ranches near La Porte, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their problems and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It distances these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from unhealthy peer groups and taken to a supervised, protected environment designed specifically to foster their recovery.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in La Porte, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in La Porte, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from La Porte, Texas. We’re a secure, controlled environment, where students are watched over by our gifted and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with usual teen struggles like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic failings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lifelong alteration in the residents who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our aim is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows these boys to feel secure and protected, not having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This develops a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home offers love and sincere love for the students enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive personal counseling in addition to group counseling. Students will be worked with personally, in order to address their individual issues and fix them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to guarantee that we can send your son home as a different person, willing and able to forge a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys frequently learn at different speeds than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic environment that interests our students and encourages them to regain their curiosity and drive. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By providing strong role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and fill positions of responsibility, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not typically an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We understand that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, away from La Porte, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to successfully transform your teenager’s life.
What Makes a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from La Porte, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in La Porte, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, tightly structured environment to allow troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in La Porte, Texas:
La Porte is a city in Harris County, Texas within the Bay Area of the HoustonSugar LandBaytown metropolitan area. As of the 2000 U.S. Census, the city population was 31,880. La Porte is the fourth largest incorporated city in Harris County.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in La Porte, Texas, used with permission.