Boys ranches near Killeen, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of struggling boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their struggles and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It distances these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor influences and immersed in a supervised, controlled environment created precisely to encourage their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Killeen, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Killeen, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Killeen, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are guided by our gifted and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on usual teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities, conduct and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lasting change in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our goal is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools allow environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that come from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment allows these boys to feel safe and protected, rather than having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This develops a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home offers love and honest love for the boys enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given one-on-one counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be worked with personally, in order to address their unique difficulties and surpass them. A final and crucial element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can return your son home as a changed person, willing and able to build a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys frequently learn at different paces than other students. For this reason, we seek to provide an academic setting that motivates our students and encourages them to re-build their interest and motivation. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By providing strong role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after treatment. We understand that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, distanced from Killeen, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to properly transform a boy’s outlook on life.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Killeen, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Killeen, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Killeen, Texas:
Killeen is a city in Bell County, Texas, The United States. The population was 86,911 at the 2000 census. As of 2009, Killeen had 119,510 people. In 2010 Killeen’s population shot to 127,921.Citation needed It is a “principal city” of the Killeen–Temple–Fort Hood Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Killeen, Texas, used with permission.