Boys ranches near Kerrville, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their problems and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from unhealthy peer groups and placed in a supervised, controlled environment set up precisely to encourage their transformation.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Kerrville, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Kerrville, Texas; we offer comprehensive therapy to boys from Kerrville, Texas. We’re a secure, closed environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses typical teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lifelong transformation in the residents who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, we work to create a lifelong transformation in boys who have gotten off track.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools allow environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment encourages only on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This creates a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home displays love and sincere love for the boys enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given individual counseling in addition to group therapy. Students will be helped personally, in order to address their unique difficulties and surpass them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to ensure that we can send your son home as a new person, willing and able to form a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys frequently learn at different speeds than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic setting that motivates our students and allows them to re-build their focus and motivation. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By offering positive role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and take positions of responsibility, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not always a smooth one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after this program. We know that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, away from Kerrville, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully transform your teenager’s life.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Kerrville, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Kerrville, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, tightly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Kerrville, Texas:
Kerrville is a city in Kerr County, Texas, United States.GR The population was 20,425 at the 2000 census. In 2009, the population was 22,826. Kerrville is named after James Kerr, a major in the Texas Revolution, and friend of settler-founder Joshua Brown, who settled in the area to start a shingle-making camp.]
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Kerrville, Texas, used with permission.