Boys ranches near Helotes, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their problems and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It distances these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from poor peer groups and placed in a supervised, controlled environment set up specifically to aid with their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Helotes, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Helotes, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from Helotes, Texas. We’re a healthy, supervised environment, where students are guided by our gifted and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on typical teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities, conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to grant an enduring transformation in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our hope is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools allow environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment focus these boys to feel secure and protected, not having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home shows love and honest love for the boys enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given individual counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be treated individually, in order to focus on their specific difficulties and fix them. A final and necessary element to this therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to make certain that we can return your son home as a changed person, ready and able to forge a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys often learn at varying rates than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic environment that engages our students and helps them to regain their interest and drive. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By offering influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and fill positions of obligation, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always a smooth one. The goal of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We know that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, distanced from Helotes, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Helotes, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Helotes, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, strictly structured environment to help troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Helotes, Texas:
Helotes is a city in Bexar County, Texas, United States. It is part of the San Antonio-New Braunfels Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 4,285 at the 2000 census; the July 1, 2009 Census estimate, however, showed the population had grown to 7,960.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Helotes, Texas, used with permission.