Boys ranches near Harlingen, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their issues and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It distances these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from unhealthy influences and immersed in a supervised, protected environment designed precisely to foster their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Harlingen, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Harlingen, Texas; we offer effective therapy to boys from Harlingen, Texas. We’re a safe, controlled environment, where students are guided by our experienced and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses usual teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lasting change in the boys who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools allow environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment encourages these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This leads to a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and sincere love for the teenagers enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in personal counseling in addition to group counseling. Students will be helped personally, in order to deal with their unique problems and surpass them. A final and crucial element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can send your son home as a changed person, willing and able to form a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys typically learn at different paces than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic environment that interests our students and encourages them to re-discover their interest and drive. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By offering strong role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and take positions of duty, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not always a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after treatment. We know that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, away from Harlingen, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to properly alter teenagers’ lives.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Harlingen, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Harlingen, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, tightly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
Harlingen is a city in Cameron County in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas, United States, about Convert from the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. The city covers more than Convert, and is the second largest city in Cameron County and the sixth largest in the Rio Grande Valley. As of the 2010 Census the city had a total population of 64,849 and grew 12.5% since the 2000 Census.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Harlingen, Texas, used with permission.