Boys ranches near Harker Heights, Texas can provide a temporary fix for struggling boys, but a long-term solution is usually better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their struggles and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It removes these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from poor peer groups and immersed in a supervised, controlled environment designed precisely to foster their healing.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Harker Heights, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Harker Heights, Texas; we offer effective therapy to boys from Harker Heights, Texas. We’re a safe, environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on typical teen struggles like risky or self-destructive activities,behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lasting alteration in the students who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our goal is to create a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools allow environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and sincere caring for the students enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given individual counseling as well as group counseling. Students will be helped individually, in order to address their individual problems and surpass them. A final and vital element to this therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a different person, willing and able to build a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys often learn at different paces than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic setting that engages our students and helps them to re-discover their interest and motivation. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after this program. We understand that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, distanced from Harker Heights, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to properly alter teenagers’ lives.
What Makes a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Harker Heights, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Harker Heights, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, strictly structured environment to allow troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Harker Heights, Texas:
Harker Heights is a city in Bell County, Texas, United States. The population was 17,308 at the 2000 census. This makes Harker Heights the 3rd largest city in Bell County, after Killeen and Temple. Incorporated in 1960, the city name is derived from the name of one of the two original landowners and founder, Harley Kern.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Harker Heights, Texas, used with permission.