Boys ranches near Garland, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of struggling boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their struggles and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It separates these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor influences and immersed in a supervised, protected environment set up specifically to aid with their healing.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Garland, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Garland, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Garland, Texas. We’re a safe, controlled environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses common teen problems like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lasting transformation in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our goal is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that come from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment boys to [work these boys to feel secure and protected, rather than having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This creates a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home shows love and honest caring for the boys enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given one-on-one counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be worked with individually, in order to deal with their unique problems and fix them. A final and crucial element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can send your son home as a different person, willing and able to build a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys often learn at different rates than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic setting that interests our students and encourages them to re-build their focus and drive. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By employing influential role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We recognize that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, away from Garland, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to effectively transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Marks a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Garland, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Garland, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, tightly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Garland, Texas:
Garland is a city in the U.S. state of Texas. It is a large city northeast of Dallas and is a major part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. It is located almost entirely within Dallas County except for small portions in Collin County. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 226,876, making it the twelfth-most populous city in Texas and the 87th most populous city in the United States.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Garland, Texas, used with permission.