Boys ranches near Fort Hood, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their issues and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It removes these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from negative influences and placed in a supervised, controlled environment designed especially to foster their transformation.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Fort Hood, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Fort Hood, Texas; we provide effective therapy to boys from Fort Hood, Texas. We’re a secure, closed environment, where students are guided by our experienced and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on usual teen problems like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lifelong alteration in the residents who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our hope is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools create environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment encourages these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This leads to a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home offers love and sincere love for the students enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given personal counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be worked with individually, in order to address their individual difficulties and overcome them. A final and crucial element to this therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to ensure that we can bring your son home as a different person, ready and able to forge a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys typically learn at varying rates than other students. Therefore, we attempt to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and helps them to re-build their focus and sense of purpose. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By employing influential role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and enter positions of obligation, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We recognize that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, away from Fort Hood, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to properly transform your teenager’s life.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Fort Hood, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Fort Hood, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, tightly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Fort Hood, Texas:
Fort Hood is a United States military post located outside of Killeen, Texas. The post is named after Confederate General John Bell Hood. It is located halfway between Austin and Waco, about 60 miles from each, within the U.S. state of Texas.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Fort Hood, Texas, used with permission.