Boys ranches near Elgin, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their struggles and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It removes these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from negative peer groups and immersed in a supervised, controlled environment designed precisely to aid with their recovery.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Elgin, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Elgin, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from Elgin, Texas. We’re a safe, environment, where students are supervised by our experienced and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with typical teen problems like risky or self-destructive activities, conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lasting transformation in the residents who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very successful with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that follow such things. Jealousy, disruption, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows boys to feel safe and protected, not having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This develops a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home shows love and sincere love for the students enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given personal counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be helped individually, in order to focus on their unique difficulties and fix them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a new person, willing and able to build a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys frequently learn at varying speeds than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and encourages them to re-discover their focus and motivation. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By offering influential role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and fill positions of responsibility, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We understand that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, away from Elgin, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to effectively transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Elgin, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Elgin, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, strictly structured environment to help troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Elgin, Texas:
Elgin is a city in Bastrop and Travis Counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 5,700 at the 2000 census. By 2005, the population grew to an estimated 8,689. Elgin is also known as The Sausage Capital of Texas and the Brick Capital of the Southwest due to the presence of three operating brickyards in the mid-twentieth century (two of which are open to this date).
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Elgin, Texas, used with permission.