Boys ranches near Edinburg, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their problems and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It separates these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from negative peer groups and immersed in a supervised, structured environment created precisely to aid with their healing.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Edinburg, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Edinburg, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from Edinburg, Texas. We’re a healthy, closed environment, where students are guided by our experienced and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses common teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lifelong change in the boys who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our hope is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very effective with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools build environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment boys to [work these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home offers love and honest love for the boys enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive one-on-one counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be helped personally, in order to address their specific problems and fix them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to ensure that we can return your son home as a different person, ready and able to form a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys frequently learn at different speeds than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and helps them to re-discover their interest and drive. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By employing positive role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not typically an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after graduation. We understand that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, distanced from Edinburg, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to effectively transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Edinburg, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Edinburg, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, highly structured environment to help troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Edinburg, Texas:
Edinburg is a city in and the county seat of Hidalgo County, Texas, United States.GR The population was 77,100 at the 2010 census. The University of TexasPan American, the only fully accredited four-year university in the Rio Grande Valley, is located in Edinburg.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Edinburg, Texas, used with permission.