Boys ranches near Dickinson, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their issues and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It removes these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy peer groups and taken to a supervised, protected environment set up specifically to encourage their transformation.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Dickinson, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Dickinson, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Dickinson, Texas. We’re a safe, closed environment, where students are guided by our gifted and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on typical teen problems like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lasting change in the students who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, we work to create a lifelong transformation in boys who have gotten off track.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very effective with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools create environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, disruption, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment boys to [work these boys to feel safe and protected, rather than having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This creates a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home offers love and genuine love for the teenagers enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive personal counseling in addition to group therapy. Students will be helped personally, in order to address their individual problems and overcome them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to guarantee that we can return your son home as a different person, willing and able to form a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Troubled boys typically learn at different speeds than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic environment that interests our students and encourages them to re-build their interest and motivation. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and enter positions of obligation, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after treatment. We know that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, away from Dickinson, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully transform your teenager’s life.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Dickinson, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Dickinson, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Dickinson, Texas:
Dickinson is a city in Galveston County, Texas within the HoustonSugar LandBaytown metropolitan area. The population was 17,093 at the 2000 census.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Dickinson, Texas, used with permission.