Boys ranches near Del Rio, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It removes these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from poor peer groups and immersed in a supervised, controlled environment designed especially to aid with their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Del Rio, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Del Rio, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from Del Rio, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are guided by our knowledgeable and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses common teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lasting transformation in the students who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, we work to create a lifelong transformation in boys who have gotten off track.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that arise from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment encourages these boys to feel secure and protected, not having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This leads to a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home offers love and genuine love for the teenagers enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive individual counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be treated individually, in order to address their unique difficulties and overcome them. A final and vital element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to guarantee that we can bring your son home as a new person, willing and able to forge a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys frequently learn at varying rates than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and allows them to rediscover their curiosity and drive. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By providing positive role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and enter positions of obligation, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after graduation. We understand that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, away from Del Rio, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to properly transform your teenager’s life.
What Marks a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Del Rio, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Del Rio, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, tightly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Del Rio, Texas:
Del Rio is a border city in and the county seat of Val Verde County, Texas, United States.GR. Del Rio is connected with Ciudad Acua via the Lake Amistad Dam International Crossing and Del Ro-Ciudad Acua International Bridge. Del Rio is also home to Laughlin Air Force Base, the busiest pilot training base in the United States Air Force.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Del Rio, Texas, used with permission.