Boys ranches near Converse, Texas can provide a temporary fix for struggling boys, but a long-term solution is usually better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their struggles and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It removes these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from poor peer groups and taken to a supervised, controlled environment set up especially to aid with their recovery.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Converse, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Converse, Texas; we offer comprehensive therapy to boys from Converse, Texas. We’re a healthy, supervised environment, where students are watched over by our gifted and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses common teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic failings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide for a lasting change in the residents who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that arise from such things. Jealousy, disruption, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment allows solely on what is at hand and, most importantly, encourages these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This leads to a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home offers love and sincere caring for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given personal counseling in addition to group therapy. Students will be helped personally, in order to deal with their individual difficulties and surpass them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to guarantee that we can send your son home as a new person, willing and able to form a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys often learn at different paces than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic setting that engages our students and allows them to re-build their focus and sense of purpose. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By employing influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and fill positions of obligation, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after graduation. We know that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, distanced from Converse, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to properly transform a boy’s outlook on life.
What Defines an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Converse, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and substance abuse, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Converse, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, highly structured environment to enable troubled boys to experience a transformation and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Converse, Texas:
Converse is a city in Bexar County, Texas, United States. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Converse, Texas, used with permission.