Boys ranches near College Station, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their struggles and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor influences and taken to a supervised, structured environment set up specifically to aid with their transformation.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in College Station, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in College Station, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from College Station, Texas. We’re a healthy, supervised environment, where students are watched over by our gifted and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses typical teen problems like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lasting alteration in the students who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools create environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment encourages only on what is at hand and, most crucially, allows these boys to feel safe and protected, not having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home shows love and honest love for the students enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive personal counseling in addition to group counseling. Students will be worked with personally, in order to address their individual problems and surpass them. A final and crucial element to this therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to make certain that we can send your son home as a new person, willing and able to forge a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys frequently learn at different speeds than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic setting that motivates our students and encourages them to re-build their focus and motivation. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By employing positive role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and enter positions of obligation, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We recognize that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, distanced from College Station, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from College Station, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in College Station, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, highly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in College Station, Texas:
College Station is a city in Brazos County, Texas, situated in East Central Texas in the heart of the Brazos Valley. The city is located within the most populated region of Texas, near three of the 10 largest cities in the United States – Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. The population estimate as of 2010 was 93,857.GR
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in College Station, Texas, used with permission.