Boys ranches near Big Spring, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their issues and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It removes these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy influences and taken to a supervised, controlled environment created especially to foster their healing.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Big Spring, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Big Spring, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Big Spring, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are guided by our gifted and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with usual teen problems like risky or self-destructive activities,conduct and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to affect an enduring alteration in the boys who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our aim is to create a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools build environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment encourages these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This leads to a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine caring for the boys enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given one-on-one counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be worked with individually, in order to address their unique difficulties and overcome them. A final and crucial element to this therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to make certain that we can return your son home as a new person, willing and able to rebuild a relationship with his family on a strong new foundation.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys frequently learn at different paces than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic environment that engages our students and encourages them to re-discover their interest and sense of purpose. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By offering strong role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and fill positions of obligation, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We recognize that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, separated from Big Spring, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to properly transform a boy’s outlook on life.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Big Spring, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Big Spring, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, strictly structured environment to help troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Big Spring, Texas:
Big Spring is a city in and the county seat of Howard County, Texas, United States, at the crossroads of U.S. Highway 87 and Interstate 20. With a population of 25,233 at the 2000 census, it is the largest city between Midland to the west, Abilene to the east, Lubbock to the north, and San Angelo to the south. Big Spring was established as the county seat of Howard County in 1882; it is the largest community in the county.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Big Spring, Texas, used with permission.