Boys ranches near Bastrop, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home helps teenage boys rise above their problems and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It separates these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy peer groups and placed in a supervised, controlled environment set up specifically to foster their healing.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Bastrop, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
New Hope Boys Home (in Bastrop, Texas) provides comprehensive therapy and a healthy, environment, where students are supervised by our experienced and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses typical teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities,conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide for a lasting change in the students who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our hope is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that follow such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows these boys to feel secure and protected, rather than having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine love for the teenagers enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given one-on-one counseling as well as group counseling. Students will be worked with individually, in order to deal with their unique difficulties and overcome them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a changed person, ready and able to build a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys frequently learn at different rates than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic environment that engages our students and allows them to re-build their interest and drive. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We believe each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and take positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not typically an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after treatment. We recognize that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, distanced from Bastrop, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to effectively transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Marks a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Bastrop, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Bastrop, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To learn more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Bastrop, Texas:
Bastrop is a city and the county seat of Bastrop County, Texas, United States. Located about thirty miles southeast of Austin, it is part of the Nowrap metropolitan area. The population was 5,340 at the 2000 census. By 2007, the city had an estimated population of 7,823, twice the population of the early 1970s.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Bastrop, Texas, used with permission.