Boys ranches near Alvin, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their life around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It separates these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from poor influences and placed in a supervised, protected environment designed specifically to aid with their transformation.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Alvin, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Alvin, Texas; we provide effective therapy to boys from Alvin, Texas. We’re a safe, closed environment, where students are watched over by our experienced and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses common teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lifelong transformation in the students who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to create a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very effective with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools build environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that come from such things. Jealousy, disruption, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment boys to feel secure and protected, not having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and sincere caring for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in individual counseling in addition to group counseling. Students will be treated individually, in order to deal with their individual difficulties and fix them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to make certain that we can return your son home as a changed person, ready and able to build a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys often learn at different rates than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic environment that interests our students and allows them to re-discover their focus and sense of purpose. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By employing influential role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We know that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, separated from Alvin, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to properly alter teenagers’ lives.
What Makes a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Alvin, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Alvin, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, strictly structured environment to enable troubled boys to experience a transformation and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Alvin, Texas:
Alvin is a city in the U.S. state of Texas within the HoustonSugar LandBaytown metropolitan area and Brazoria County. As of the 2000 U.S. Census, the city population was 21,413. Alvin’s claim to fame is Baseball Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan, who moved with his family to the city in 1947 as an infant and lived there until he moved to Round Rock in 2003. The Nolan Ryan Museum is in the Nolan Ryan Foundation and Exhibit Center on the campus of Alvin Community College. The museum covers the entire life and sports career of Nolan Ryan, and includes a machine that lets the visitor feel what it is like to catch one of Nolan Ryan’s pitches.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Alvin, Texas, used with permission.