Boys ranches near Alice, Texas can provide a temporary fix for struggling boys, but a long-term solution is usually better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their life around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It separates these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor peer groups and placed in a supervised, structured environment set up especially to encourage their healing.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Alice, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Alice, Texas; we offer comprehensive therapy to boys from Alice, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are supervised by our experienced and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses usual teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to affect an enduring alteration in the boys who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our aim is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools allow environments that allow for dating and the distractions that follow such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment boys to [work strictly on what is at hand and, most importantly, enables these boys to feel safe and protected, rather than having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home shows love and genuine love for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive personal counseling in addition to group therapy. Students will be treated personally, in order to address their specific difficulties and fix them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to ensure that we can return your son home as a changed person, ready and able to forge a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Struggling boys often learn at varying rates than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic setting that engages our students and helps them to regain their curiosity and sense of purpose. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and enter positions of obligation, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We know that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, separated from Alice, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully alter teenagers’ lives.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Alice, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Alice, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Alice, Texas:
Alice is a city in and the county seat of Jim Wells County, Texas, United States,GR in the South Texas region of the state. The population was 19,104 at the 2010 census. Alice was established in 1888. First it was called Bandana, then Kleberg and finally Alice after Alice Gertrudis King Kleberg, the daughter of Richard King, who established the King Ranch.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Alice, Texas, used with permission.