Boys ranches near Alamo, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of struggling boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor peer groups and taken to a supervised, controlled environment designed especially to foster their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Alamo, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Alamo, Texas; we provide effective therapy to boys from Alamo, Texas. We’re a secure, controlled environment, where students are guided by our experienced and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with common teen struggles like risky or self-destructive activities,behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to affect an enduring alteration in the students who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our hope is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, disruption, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment boys to [work only on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel secure and protected, rather than having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This creates a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine caring for the boys enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given one-on-one counseling as well as group counseling. Students will be worked with individually, in order to deal with their individual difficulties and overcome them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to guarantee that we can return your son home as a different person, ready and able to forge a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys typically learn at varying rates than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic environment that engages our students and allows them to regain their curiosity and sense of purpose. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By employing positive role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after treatment. We understand that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, distanced from Alamo, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to successfully transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Marks a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Alamo, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Alamo, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, tightly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To discover more about New Hope Boys Home, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Alamo, Texas:
Alamo, Texas, in what is nicknamed the “Land of Two Summers,” is a town in the irrigated area of southern Hidalgo County, Texas. This town was incorporated in 1924, and it was named for the Alamo Land and Sugar Company, is 240 miles south of the more famous Texas Alamo Mission, and is near the Mexico-U.S. border. It is located in an area of abundant vegetable farming and citrus groves, and it is a noted winter resort/retirement town. Alamo is also one of the Rio Grande Valley’s gateways to Mexico, via U.S. Route 281 and Nuevo Progreso, Tamaulipas. Alamo’s population was just 18,353 at the time of the 2010 U.S. Census.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Alamo, Texas, used with permission.