Boys ranches near Abilene, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their life around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It separates these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from unhealthy influences and placed in a supervised, structured environment designed precisely to encourage their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Abilene, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Abilene, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Abilene, Texas. We’re a safe, supervised environment, where students are guided by our experienced and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on common teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic failings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lifelong alteration in the students who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our aim is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that follow such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows only on what is at hand and, most crucially, allows these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This leads to a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
We help boys in many ways:
- Offering Them Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home offers love and sincere love for the students enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive individual counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be worked with personally, in order to focus on their individual issues and overcome them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to guarantee that we can send your son home as a changed person, ready and able to forge a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Educational Repair and Excellence. Self-destructive boys typically learn at different speeds than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and helps them to regain their interest and drive. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership Training. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By providing strong role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not typically an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after graduation. We know that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, separated from Abilene, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to properly transform your teenager’s life.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
This program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Abilene, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Abilene, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, strictly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
To find out more about New Hope Boys Home, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover from bad decisions and prepare for a bright future.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Abilene, Texas:
Abilene is a city in Taylor and Jones counties in west central Texas. The population was 117,063 at the 2010 census. It is the principal city of the Abilene Metropolitan Statistical Area, which had a 2006 estimated population of 158,063. It is the county seat of Taylor County.GR Dyess Air Force Base is located on the west side of the city.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Abilene, Texas, used with permission.