Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Wichita Falls, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their problems and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It removes these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from poor peer groups and placed in a supervised, protected environment created precisely to foster their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Wichita Falls, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Wichita Falls, Texas; we offer comprehensive therapy to boys from Wichita Falls, Texas. We’re a safe, controlled environment, where students are watched over by our knowledgeable and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on typical teen issues like risky or self-destructive activities, conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to grant an enduring change in the students who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our goal is to create a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very successful with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools allow environments that allow for dating and the distractions that come from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment boys to [work these boys to feel safe and protected, not having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This leads to a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to ensure that we are successful in assisting these troubled boys:
- Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home shows love and genuine caring for the boys enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given individual counseling in addition to group therapy. Students will be treated personally, in order to deal with their unique issues and surpass them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a changed person, willing and able to build a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Education. Self-destructive boys often learn at varying paces than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic setting that interests our students and allows them to re-build their interest and sense of purpose. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By employing strong role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and enter positions of obligation, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We recognize that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, away from Wichita Falls, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to successfully transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Defines an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Wichita Falls, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Wichita Falls, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, strictly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to discover more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Wichita Falls, Texas:
Wichita Falls is a city in and the county seat of Wichita County, Texas, United States. Wichita Falls is the principal city of the Wichita Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area, which encompasses all of Archer, Clay and Wichita counties. According to the 2010 census, the city had a population of 104,553. In addition to Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls is also home to the “world’s littlest skyscraper”.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Wichita Falls, Texas, used with permission.