Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near San Antonio, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their struggles and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It separates these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from poor influences and taken to a supervised, protected environment designed especially to foster their recovery.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in San Antonio, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in San Antonio, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from San Antonio, Texas. We’re a secure, closed environment, where students are guided by our gifted and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses common teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lasting change in the residents who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our hope is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools build environments that allow for dating and the complications that come from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment encourages only on what is at hand and, most crucially, allows these boys to feel secure and protected, rather than having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This creates a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to ensure that we are effective in assisting these troubled boys:
- Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home shows love and genuine love for the boys enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in individual counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be treated individually, in order to deal with their specific issues and overcome them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to guarantee that we can bring your son home as a different person, ready and able to build a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Education. Troubled boys typically learn at varying paces than other students. For this reason, we seek to provide an academic setting that motivates our students and encourages them to re-build their curiosity and sense of purpose. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By employing positive role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after treatment. We know that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, separated from San Antonio, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to properly transform a boy’s outlook on life.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these trying times. If your son from San Antonio, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in San Antonio, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, highly structured environment to help troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to find out more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in San Antonio, Texas:
San Antonio (Spanish for “Saint Anthony”), officially the City of San Antonio, is the seventh most populated city in the United States of America and the second most populated city in the state of Texas, with a population of 1,409,019. It was the fastest growing of the top 10 largest cities in the United States from 2000 to 2010, and the second from 1990 to 2000. The city is located in the American Southwest, the southâcentral part of Texas, and the southwestern corner of an urban region known as the Texas Triangle.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in San Antonio, Texas, used with permission.