Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Pharr, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It distances these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from poor influences and taken to a supervised, structured environment designed specifically to aid with their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Pharr, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Pharr, Texas; we offer comprehensive therapy to boys from Pharr, Texas. We’re a safe, closed environment, where students are guided by our knowledgeable and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on usual teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to provide for a lasting change in the residents who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our goal is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very successful with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools create environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that come from such things. Jealousy, disruption, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This develops a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to ascertain that we are successful in helping these troubled boys:
- Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home offers love and genuine caring for the boys enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive one-on-one counseling as well as group counseling. Students will be worked with personally, in order to address their individual issues and fix them. A final and vital element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to guarantee that we can bring your son home as a new person, willing and able to build a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Education. Self-destructive boys frequently learn at different speeds than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and encourages them to regain their interest and motivation. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing strong role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after treatment. We know that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, away from Pharr, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to properly alter teenagers’ lives.
What Marks a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Pharr, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Pharr, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, strictly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to find out more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
Pharr is a city in Hidalgo County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 70,400. Pharr is connected by bridge to the Mexican city of Reynosa, Tamaulipas. It is part of the McAllen-Edinburg-Mission and Reynosa-McAllen metropolitan areas.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Pharr, Texas, used with permission.