Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Pflugerville, Texas can provide a temporary fix for struggling boys, but a long-term solution is usually better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their issues and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It distances these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from negative influences and placed in a supervised, protected environment created precisely to encourage their healing.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Pflugerville, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Pflugerville, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Pflugerville, Texas. We’re a safe, controlled environment, where students are guided by our gifted and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses usual teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to provide an enduring change in the boys who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, we work to create a lifelong transformation in boys who have gotten off track.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools create environments that allow for dating and the complications that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment encourages only on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This creates a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to make sure that we are effective in changing these troubled boys:
- Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home displays love and sincere caring for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given individual counseling as well as group sessions. Students will be treated individually, in order to deal with their individual difficulties and overcome them. A final and necessary aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to ensure that we can send your son home as a new person, ready and able to build a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Education. Self-destructive boys typically learn at different speeds than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic setting that engages our students and allows them to regain their focus and sense of purpose. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By employing positive role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and fill positions of obligation, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not always a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after treatment. We know that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, away from Pflugerville, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to effectively transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Pflugerville, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Pflugerville, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, tightly structured environment to allow troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to learn more about us, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Pflugerville, Texas:
Pflugerville is a city in Travis and Williamson counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 16,335 at the 2000 census. A July 1, 2008 U.S. Census Bureau estimate placed the population at 39,653. The 2010 Census put Pflugerville’s population at 46,936. Pflugerville is a suburb of Austin and part of the AustinâRound Rock Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Pflugerville, Texas, used with permission.