Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Mansfield, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their struggles and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It removes these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from unhealthy peer groups and placed in a supervised, structured environment designed specifically to foster their transformation.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Mansfield, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Mansfield, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from Mansfield, Texas. We’re a safe, closed environment, where students are watched over by our gifted and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses typical teen struggles like risky or self-destructive activities, conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lasting transformation in the residents who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our goal is to create a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very successful with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment focus these boys to feel safe and protected, not having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This develops a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to make sure that we are effective in helping these troubled boys:
- Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home offers love and honest love for the students enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is important to help these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive individual counseling in addition to group counseling. Students will be worked with personally, in order to focus on their individual difficulties and overcome them. A final and necessary element to this therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a changed person, willing and able to forge a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Education. Troubled boys typically learn at varying paces than other students. Therefore, we attempt to provide an academic setting that motivates our students and helps them to rediscover their curiosity and sense of purpose. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By offering influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not typically an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after graduation. We know that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, distanced from Mansfield, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully alter teenagers’ lives.
What Defines a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Mansfield, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Mansfield, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to help troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to discover more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Mansfield, Texas:
Mansfield is a city in Ellis, Johnson, and Tarrant counties in the U.S. state of Texas. As of the 2010 census, the population was 56,368. In 2009, CNN/Money Magazine rated Mansfield as one of the “Best Places to Live” in the United States, ranking 24th out of the top 100 places.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Mansfield, Texas, used with permission.