Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near League City, Texas can provide a temporary fix for struggling boys, but a long-term solution is usually better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their issues and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from poor peer groups and placed in a supervised, protected environment set up specifically to aid with their transformation.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in League City, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in League City, Texas; we offer effective therapy to boys from League City, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on typical teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to affect an enduring transformation in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that come from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows these boys to feel safe and protected, not having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to make sure that we are successful in changing these troubled boys:
- Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and genuine caring for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in one-on-one counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be worked with personally, in order to address their specific issues and overcome them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a different person, willing and able to build a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Education. Struggling boys frequently learn at different paces than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic environment that interests our students and allows them to re-discover their focus and drive. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By offering influential role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and fill positions of obligation, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not typically an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We know that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, separated from League City, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to effectively alter teenagers’ lives.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from League City, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in League City, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, strictly structured environment to enable troubled boys to experience a transformation and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to find out more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
League City is a city in Galveston County and Harris County in the U.S. state of Texas, within the Nowrap metropolitan area. As of the 2000 U.S. Census, the city population was 45,444; in the 2006 census estimate, the population was listed as 67,200. The 2010 Census places the population of League City at 83,560. The City has experienced an 83% percent population growth since 2000. The city has a small portion north of Clear Creek within Harris County, Texas zoned for residential and commercial uses. League City is home to several water-side resorts used by people from nearby Houston. League City surpassed Galveston as Galveston County’s largest city between 2000 and 2005.