Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Laredo, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of struggling boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their issues and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It separates these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from negative influences and placed in a supervised, structured environment designed precisely to encourage their recovery.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Laredo, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Laredo, Texas; we offer extensive therapy to boys from Laredo, Texas. We’re a secure, controlled environment, where students are guided by our knowledgeable and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with common teen struggles like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to affect a lifelong alteration in the residents who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our goal is to create a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools allow environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment boys to [work these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This leads to a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to make sure that we are successful in helping these troubled boys:
- Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and honest love for the teenagers enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given one-on-one counseling as well as group sessions. Students will be treated individually, in order to address their individual issues and fix them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to ensure that we can send your son home as a new person, ready and able to build a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Education. Troubled boys frequently learn at varying speeds than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic setting that engages our students and helps them to re-build their curiosity and motivation. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We feel each student in this program has the potential to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to shine. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We understand that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, separated from Laredo, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is crucial to successfully transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Laredo, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Laredo, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, tightly structured environment to allow troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to find out more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Laredo, Texas:
Laredo is the county seat of Webb County, Texas, United States, located on the north bank of the Rio Grande in South Texas, across from Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. According to the 2010 census, the city population was 236,091 making it the 3rd most populated on the United States-Mexican border, after San Diego, California and El Paso, Texas. Laredo is part of the Laredo-Nuevo Laredo Metropolitan Area with an estimate population of 636,516. Laredo’s economy is based on international trade with Mexico. Most major transportation companies have a facility in Laredo. Laredo’s location along the southern end of I-35 close to the manufacturers in North Mexico promotes its vital role in trade between the United States and Mexico.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Laredo, Texas, used with permission.