Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Houston, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of struggling boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their struggles and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It separates these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from unhealthy peer groups and immersed in a supervised, controlled environment set up precisely to foster their healing.
If you are the parent of a troubled boy in Houston, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Houston, Texas; we offer effective therapy to boys from Houston, Texas. We’re a healthy, closed environment, where students are guided by our experienced and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on typical teen struggles like risky or self-destructive activities, conduct and emotional issues, and academic failings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lifelong transformation in the students who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our aim is to create a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools allow environments that allow for dating and the difficulties that come from such things. Jealousy, disruption, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and create close relationships. This leads to a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to ascertain that we are successful in assisting these troubled boys:
- Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home offers love and sincere love for the teenagers enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given personal counseling as well as group counseling. Students will be worked with individually, in order to address their individual problems and overcome them. A final and vital element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to guarantee that we can bring your son home as a new person, willing and able to forge a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Education. Self-destructive boys typically learn at different paces than other students. For this reason, we seek to provide an academic setting that interests our students and encourages them to regain their interest and motivation. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By employing positive role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and take positions of duty, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not typically an easy one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after treatment. We understand that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, separated from Houston, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to successfully alter teenagers’ lives.
What Marks a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Houston, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Houston, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, highly structured environment to enable troubled boys to experience a transformation and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to learn more about us, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Houston, Texas:
Houston is the largest city in the state of Texas, and the fourth-largest city in the United States. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 2.1 million people within an area of 579 square miles (1,500 km2). Houston is the seat of Harris County and the economic center of Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, which is the sixth-largest metropolitan area in the United States, with nearly 6 million people. Houston, known as the Bayou City, was founded in 1836 on land near the banks of Buffalo Bayou. It was incorporated as a city on June 5, 1837, and named after then-President of the Republic of Texas, former General Sam Houston.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Houston, Texas, used with permission.