Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Grand Prairie, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their struggles and turn their life around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It separates these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from poor peer groups and taken to a supervised, structured environment designed especially to foster their transformation.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Grand Prairie, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Grand Prairie, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from Grand Prairie, Texas. We’re a healthy, environment, where students are supervised by our experienced and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with usual teen problems like risky or self-destructive activities,conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lifelong transformation in the students who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools build environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment encourages boys to feel secure and protected, not having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This develops a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to make sure that we are effective in assisting these troubled boys:
- Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home shows love and sincere caring for the students enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in one-on-one counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be worked with individually, in order to focus on their individual problems and surpass them. A final and necessary element to this therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to guarantee that we can return your son home as a different person, ready and able to forge a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Education. Self-destructive boys frequently learn at varying speeds than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic environment that interests our students and encourages them to re-build their curiosity and sense of purpose. Again, students are helped individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We feel each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By employing positive role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and fill positions of duty, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after treatment. We know that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, away from Grand Prairie, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to properly transform your teenager’s life.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Grand Prairie, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Grand Prairie, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, strictly structured environment to allow troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to learn more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Grand Prairie, Texas:
Grand Prairie is a city in Dallas, Ellis, and Tarrant counties in the U.S. state of Texas and is a part of the Mid-Cities region in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth and had a population of 175,396 at the 2010 census.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Grand Prairie, Texas, used with permission.